Monday, February 16, 2009

My Sanity Saver

This little project took me by surprise! I hate the basement. It's a perfectly fine, finished basement and I'm happy to have it, but spending time down there isn't for me. It's the dungeon ;) However, I've been thinking about a way to change my feelings about this nice, under-appreciated space in our home and I thought maybe if I paint it something warmer, more cheery then maybe I wouldn't mind it so bad. The space is divided into two rooms, one lager than the other. The smaller room has been trying to be a playroom for a while now, but what it's been is a yucky place for the kids to make a mess! I decided to start there and maybe I could get the toys that are all over my house somewhat under control! I had been looking at paint chips for a while but hadn't really given it too much thought, but it's amazing what being snowed in does to a person! One afternoon a couple of weeks ago, I was taking stuff to the basement and just started clearing the room! Next thing I knew it was done.....carpet cleaned, room painted...done! My before pictures don't really show the mess because I had almost cleared the room before I even thought about it! That shows how much this really took me by surprise!

Ugly playroom before:
Much better after:
Art work by Nicholas and Brandon in their fabulous art class! I had been saving them for whenever I got around to fixing up their space now I can show them off!

We're still trying to get more toys in there...just taking our time with it going through them as we go weeding out the ones not played with. When we get all that done, the bigger room is next!


2 comments:

  1. The room looks great! I'm always amazed at what a difference a little wall color makes! And we have those bins, too; aren't they great? I love the splash of color they add and are organizational, too! Hurray for Home Improvement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That looks awesome, I bet the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete