Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Perfect Morning

This week, Megan had girl scout camp. She spent her week playing with other little girls (which is a real treat for her!) and learning some new things and just generally having a blast! The boys and I have had plenty to do to keep us busy but on the last day, Friday, we decided to do something special.

Megan's camp was only half a day that last day so the boys and I stayed at the park where she has camp. There's a very tempting looking pond there and I new the boys would enjoy a morning of fishing. And they did!Todd helped them get all their things ready the night before and I packed a blanket and a few snacks and we were off!

We weren't there 2 minutes until this happened:
 I hadn't even had time to get all our stuff on the bench but I quickly grabbed my camera to grab a shot of the first fish! It took Nick a little longer but he was so very patient.


 They both caught several fish some bigger than others, all thrown back in.

 I saw so much of this:
 Big brother helping little brother. It was the sweetest part of my week.

 There was some looking for frogs...
 But mostly fishing


 And enjoying the peace and quiet. It was a perfect morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment