Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Our Morning

This morning, I had a surprise for the gang...frozen fruit smoothies! I made them smoothies yesterday so I just made extra and froze them in molds. The boys have had a bit of a sore throat this week, so I had intended to give it to them yesterday evening as an after-dinner treat, but, um, I forgot ;) So they had them this morning as an addition to breakfast :) They were NOT complaining!

I use Kefir, one of the sweetened ones like strawberry, banana, then frozen fruit semi-thawed to make them nice and slushy. The kids gobble them up!

I sent them outside to eat them (mess!) and since it was so nice this morning, we moved out there for school :) Our back deck is shaded all morning so it's perfect this time of year.
Like my mostly dead impatiens in the background? I couldn't keep up with the watering this year. So stinkin' hot :(


I was afraid being outside for school would be too distracting for them, but they did pretty good! I'm so glad we did this! It was the perfect solution to our blahs.  I think we just might have to move most of our school out there this fall!

4 comments:

  1. We do tons of school outside this time of year. The kids do all of their silent reading in the woods and we workbooks on the deck. Soon we will have to be inside so we really take advantage of being out this time of the year!
    Love your pictures!
    Looking forward to seeing you guys every Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been outside too. In our tent on the deck. Our neighbors probably think we are so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to do schooling outside too - looking forward to Ohio fall weather so we can enjoy the outside while learning. See you all SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the breakfasty smoothies! We need to do some of those, too--esp now that our days are just way more hectic.
    ANYTHING I can do ahead of time is something I NEED to be doing.

    ANd don't you love this weather?
    I mean really, don't you LOVE it?
    I swear to you, I never knew the 80's could feel so wonderfully balmy.

    ReplyDelete