Friday, February 11, 2011

For Aunt Willa and Those Who Miss Her

Last week, our family suffered a loss. After a month and a half in the hospital fighting for her life, my Aunt Willa left this world to be with her Heavenly Father.

She is terribly missed.

These are the last pictures I have of her. They were taken at our family reunion last fall (which I didn't post, but am very determined to get those pictures of my wonderful family posted here and on my facebook). Family was so very important to Aunt Willa. She was at every event she could attend: birthdays, movie nights, dinners, whatever.

Aunt Helen, Uncle Roger, my mom, Aunt Doris, Uncle Raymond, and Aunt Willa (sitting).
 One with just the siblings:
 My mom and my Aunt Willa were the closest in age and always horsing around ;)
 A couple pics with the spouses. Uncle Ralph and Aunt Doris married into this family before I was even born! I love them.
 Mom and Aunt Willa horsing around again :)
 Finally, everyone smiling and looking at the camera! They're as bad as children!
Aunt Willa with her daughter, Krista, and her granddaughter, Kayla. She loved them so much. Aunt Willa has two granddaughters but Lindsey couldn't make it.

Aunt Willa died on January 30th which also happens to be her birthday. She will be in our hearts and memories forever.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry Laura. It is so hard to lose your family members. I felt like we had just gotten through my grandma and then my great aunt died. It was a hard time for all.
    Will have you all in my prayers especially your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margot. Your prayers are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, I'm so sorry. I hadn't seen this because I typically use Jenny's blog for a quick peek at who else has updated their blogs (on her sidebar since my blog doesn't do this.) Since she hasn't been blogging, I haven't been on her site so much so I hadn't seen that you posted.

    I was just wondering yesterday how things were going as we'd been praying for your family and I guess I thought no news was good news.

    What a wonderful thing to have though, those photos you posted. The ones of your mom and your aunt are particularly sweet and hopefully those good times will bring some comfort in these sad days.

    My best to all of you.
    So sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Angi. Your prayers are appreciated. I should have posted something sooner; I'm just not very good at sharing the sad parts of life (it took me a week and a half to get this post up).

    Pictures are so important, aren't they? I treasure each and every memory I manage to capture.

    ReplyDelete