Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Little Sewing

I've always loved to sew. I could wander around JoAnn's for hours checking out the new fabrics and patterns. I don't tackle anything too complicated, just some cute dresses for Kristen when she was small and Halloween costumes.

As the years passed and my life changed, it became more challenging to find the time to spend on my little hobby. Then my machine broke and I thought maybe my sewing days were over.

After some time without it, I realized that I missed it! A couple of years ago, I bought a new machine. Nothing fancy, just the basics (remember I said I don't do complicated!). For a while, it sat in the basement; I was still too busy! But last Christmas, I pulled it out. I had seen lots of outfits for little girls that had a matching outfit for their dolls and I decided that I would make a nightgown for Megan and a matching one for her dolls. Easy! Although why I thought I'd have time for this in December (a week before Christmas!) is beyond me! I chose and cut out the fabric and then it sat. There's no time in December for spontaneous sewing projects!

The nightgowns did get made though:
Now I can't wait for my next project! I've chosen some super cute summer dresses for Megan from the latest JoAnn's catalog and then found out all their Simplicity patterns will be on sale this weekend for a buck each!!! I know where I'll be Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment