Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family Day!

Last night was family night at Brandon's boy scout camp! He's on my mind constantly so it was really good to go see what he's up to. He's doing great! He's not too homesick and he's having a really good time!

So far, he's earned two merit badges. Going to camp seems to be the best way to knock those out ;) Up to this point, we've only managed to fully complete one ;) Today he has some requirements to complete to advance to the next level (first class? second class? no clue) then he's going to try to get the badge work done for two more. Way to go Brandon!

His tent:
 There's two boys to a tent. They have cots in there which I would have got a picture of but their tent is a complete disaster ;)

These three where really happy to see each other :)
 This is the view from their campsite:
 Not too shabby!

The archery range:
Campfire view:
 We walked to the chapel services and campfire together but I told Brandon he could sit with his troop. I didn't want our presence there to disrupt the flow of their patterns, that's not what we came for. I just wanted to see him, make sure he was enjoying himself, and of course, talk about the food ;) When you have food allergies in your family, food is a huge part of everything you do. ugh

I did manage to sneak a few pictures of him with my zoom...then he caught me ;)
 Love that boy!

These two were so very good. We were there until 10:30 that night then had a two hour drive home...it was grueling for them but they were troopers! Megan is still sleeping and it's 9:30 already!
Brandon will be home Saturday and I think he'll be ready to be here again ;) I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment