Monday, July 11, 2011

Needy Dolls

Last Friday I was surfing YouTube videos on fixing American Girl doll's hair. Megan's doll, Kaya, had definitely seen better days ;) She used to belong to Kristen and since Kristen was older when she got her she was careful with her. When Kristen handed her down to Megan, that poor doll didn't stand a chance! Megan was too young to understand how to "be careful" with a doll and Kaya's hair suffered badly.

I found a really wonderful series of video's from Stephenswododancer (hope I spelled that right) on nearly everything American Girl and Kaya got a hair make-over! BUT....we also found a video (by the same people) on making a cute picnic table for your dolls!! Megan was in love. I showed the video to Todd, he made some improvements on graphing paper, and got to work.
 Oh how I love it when he gets out those power tools! It feels like something's getting done around here!

He painted it and everything!! The changes he made were to attach the seats instead of having them separate. I'm so happy he did that! He also attached the legs differently than in the video. The picture I took of him marking them shows that they are not in the typical "X" style so they attach flat. Good idea!

Here it is all done:
 From the side:
He did such a great job!! Megan is loving it!
 These were taken last night and this morning it's filled with dolls and stuffed animals ;)

I'm thinking there will be lots and lots of little tea parties in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment