Tuesday, August 30, 2011

After Mining

As I mentioned, I chose that particular "mining" location because it is in close proximity to other wonderful places. Beautiful places we hadn't been to in a while, adding a bit more fun and adventure to our day :)

Cedar Falls! We actually had several choices though and I think we'll be heading back sometime this fall to see the leaves and take in another beautiful location.

We were blessed with a gorgeous day! I love these late-in-summer days.
It was a looonnngg walk down the hill. 
 Snapping turtles! We actually saw two.

I love this view.

At the bottom you can see the falls and there's a nice little pond of sorts to investigate. 






 They're checking out the other turtle...
 Back up (that's the hardest part! UGH!)
Although we were short one (Kristen had a wedding to go to), it was still a very nice family day and we can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment