Thursday, April 23, 2009

Growing Up Kristen

So today was a big day. One of many big days around here for the next month. I guess this is what happens when your kids grow up.

Today we went to buy Kristen's dress for her spring formal. It will be her last "prom" as this is her senior year so it had to be just right. I insisted on shopping around until she was satisfied she had found THE dress. Let me just say that finding an affordable but beautiful and also modest dress is no small task! We ended up in Dublin at David's Bridal. The David's Bridal at Easton had the one she liked too, but she wasn't sure of the color so we headed over to the Dublin store to try on another color. She ended up staying with the first color, red, and she looked beautiful and very grown-up. She is such a beautiful person inside and out.

She is now on her way to a bonfire/birthday party for her cousin/best friend. She drives herself to all her social engagements these days which is kind of nice, but still...

I guess my baby's growing up. Who told her she could do that?!?

3 comments:

  1. You have done a great job with that girl Laura! I talked with her at the tween night and she is so sweet!!! I know it's sad to see her grow up but you should be proud of the young lady she is becoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY!! So I want to see this dress! :)
    Kristen is just wonderful and you are a terrific mom, Laura. We adore you both and look forward to many more years of Kristen spottings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for your kind words :) Personally, I think she's great too! Her dance is in two weeks so there will be a big unveiling of the dress then ;)

    ReplyDelete