Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Friendly Game

We had a really busy day yesterday! Not only did we have a play to attend, but shortly after we got home, we had a surprise visitor! My dad was in town for the day and dropped by for a few hours. We chatted for a bit, then wandered outside. We ended up in what the kids call the lot playing basketball. (It isn't a lot, it's a road with a dead end that the developers put in just in case they ever get the chance to buy the woods that run behind our house. I hope they never do.)

My dad played basketball in highschool and also while he was in the marines so it was fun to get him out there with his grandkids. A great time was had by all :)

At first it was just the guys:
Watching Brandon's shot. Dad called him "shooter" for the rest of the game :)
Here's Nicky's shot. I can't remember if it went in or not but it looked good :)
Megan wanted to play to.
I tried to entertain her on the sidelines:
She would not be consoled. So she got to play :)
She guarded her grandpa :)

Another shot from the "shooter".
Happy, little camper:
She needed a little help to make her shot:
It was good to see my dad with a basketball again.
They were all pooped afterward :)
It was a really fun afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great afternoon, and the weather was perfect for it! I love the picture of Megan when she got to play and looks so happy by your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling--your dad out there with all your little guys (and gal--LOVE the pouting)!
    Sweet moments, treasured, I know :)

    ReplyDelete