Monday, April 19, 2010

The Beauty of Butterflies

Last Friday, we headed to Franklin Park Conservatory with my good friends Jenny and Cathy and their gang of kids. It was a gorgeous day to be out and after the chaos of the last day of co-op, it was some very needed relaxation :)

We picniced and played at the playground then headed in to see the butterflies released. Every spring/summer the Conservatory has caterpillars in various stages of metamorphosis on display. At the end of the week, they release them into one of their indoor gardens and while they are doing that, they give a little talk about the different butterflies. Fun and educational!  

I forgot my camera! I know....how could anyone go someplace as beautiful as the Conservatory and forget their camera?! I blame Thursday! I was traumatized!

Anyway, Jenny had hers and she takes amazing pictures! So I swiped some ;)
This butterfly was cracking us all up! He really liked Nicholas :)
We had so much fun! We can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those pictures of Nickolas!!! And...the one of Emma and Megan is one of my favorites. We had so much fun and need to go back again soon!

    ReplyDelete