Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Indulging Her Inner Princess

I'm a shameless copy cat.

Last week, my friend, Angi, took beautiful pictures of her lovely daughter dressed in her ballet recital clothes IN HER YARD! They were gorgeous (and Greer didn't get dirty!) so I tucked that idea away to use this week when it was Megan's turn for picture day for her ballet class. I'm so glad I did! (Thank you Angi!)

Megan was so very excited to get all dressed up and to wear make-up. Kristen painted her fingernails Monday night. I swiped a little pink on her eyes and cheeks and some mascara (she didn't even blink!), and when we got there, I put some pink lip gloss on her. She truly felt like a princess :)
I had so much fun indulging her little-girlness :) It doesn't stay that way long around here. I'm sure today she'll be out digging in the dirt ;)

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! She is truly a little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! And she just looks so peaceful...and excited to be that princess.
    I know the look WELL :)

    Isn't it much better to capture these shots yourself?
    I got Greer's photos back and I didn't buy a single one.
    They just didn't look like her--too posed, too...frozen.

    Here's to beautiful little dancing queens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! I remember when I did the same thing for Tana, it goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete