Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ballet Season Finale

Yesterday was a busy day around here as we had two big events marking the end of a couple of our weekly commitments (for now), ballet and cubscouts.Actually, this whole week has been incredibly busy and I have tons of pictures, but this post is all about ballet :)

The fun started Friday with a dress rehearsal. This is a huge production and I'm always amazed at how well everything goes. Miss Sandy knows what she's doing :)

My dad surprised us about an hour before it was time to leave so he had the opportunity to see her in her costume.


 Then came the big day!

Meemaw Diana joined us :)
The second we arrived at the "Green Room" she found friends :)
So sweet! Mackenzie, Megan, and two of Margot's girls, Erin, and Paige. Lindy was already in the backstage area getting ready for her first number. 
Then the performances began:

 The girls were so pretty! They looked like fairy princesses. What more could a girl ask for?

All the dancers did a great job! It was a really good show! Margot, thank you so much for introducing us to Miss Sandy! We have loved every minute of it. And your girls did a fantastic job! I can't wait to get the DVD so Megan can see :)

 After she performed, we were off to Nicholas' cubscout graduation!
 But not before one last surprise from a doting sister ;)
In the car on the way to Nick's graduation, Megan held tight to those precious flowers and said many times how they were her favorite color and her favorite flower. Finally my mom said, "She must know you well!" and to that Megan replied, "She's my sister." That might have been my favorite part :) 

2 comments:

  1. Megan did awesome! My girls were so excited to see her and all be in their costumes!
    I'm so glad that you got pictures, I was having trouble keeping my head on straight during that show!
    I have to make copies, Paige has to have one with Megan!
    We love Miss Sandy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan looked so beautiful! Truly a little ballerina!
    And WOW, you had a busy day! ACK!!!

    ReplyDelete