Sunday, May 22, 2011

Becoming a Webelos

Next on our agenda was Nick's cubscout graduation. Talk about a change of pace! We go from an auditorium so full people were sitting on the stairs and dolled up little girls everywhere to a small, intimate ceremony complete with lots of muddy-kneed boys. It was the perfect snapshot of our life :)

Leading up to his graduation, we had lots of achievements to complete at home. It was a team effort; I made went through the Bear handbook and picked out activities, Todd made it happen ;) Here are a couple:

Todd covered knife safety with both boys then Nick carved an animal out of a bar of Ivory soap.

 Since he is a Bear scout, he chose a bear :)
 After that they both completed all requirements for their Whittling Chip so Todd took them to buy their first Swiss Army pocketknife. Did that make my heart beat faster? You bet!
 But they love it :)
 Nick also learned about tools and made his own toolbox.
 He absolutely loves building things and figuring out how things go together. He's so proud of his toolbox!
I found out that the pack does many of these at daycamp in the summer so guess where Nick is going this summer ;)

Finally, his big day:

 He's a Webelos Scout now! His den:
 The whole pack:
It was a very nice ceremony. Nick is so excited to be a Webelos now and looking forward to all the fun he will have at daycamp :)

Remember how excited Megan was that her sister brought her flowers? The minute we joined back up at Nick's graduation, she was hugging on her some more :)

I can't believe I didn't get any family pictures with Nick. All I can say for myself is that we were in a bit of a hurry. Why? Because Todd had planned something special to celebrate Nick becoming a Webelos:
A little backyard campout! Our tent is too small for all of us so Todd had planned on camping with Brandon, Nicholas, and Megan but at the last minute, Megan ended up inside with me and we had a girl's sleepover ;)

It was a busy but very good day :)

1 comment:

  1. What an accomplishment! And I love the backyard tent idea! We need to do that this summer...and by "we," I know you know who I'm talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete