Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trimming the Tree

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, the stars aligned so that we were all here to put up our Christmas tree! (Actually, I went around with my calendar for several days earlier in the month in an effort to pin down ONE AFTERNOON OR EVENING that we'd all be together ;)) It was a wonderful evening spent with mugs of hot chocolate, digging out ornaments from Christmas' past, and reminiscing.

Last year, I picked up a wonderful idea from another blogger:
I used whatever boxes I had and put each of our kids' ornaments in their own box! I had forgotten I had done that so when I opened the first box of decorations and saw this, it was like getting my first gift of the season :) I handed out the boxes and the party began:







 After they hung all the ornaments, they decided to sing a few Christmas carols:

Another gift to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment