Friday, June 18, 2010

Home with the Little Ones

So, a couple of weeks ago (GAH! I'm always behind!) Brandon had a boyscout campout and Kristen was spending the weekend at her dad's. That left me with the two youngest family members and a raining weekend! We had fun anyway :) but can you believe how much rain and nastiness we've had this spring?!? I'm so glad to see the sun!

Anyway, just days before, I had seen some cute crafts done on my friend, Angi's, blog and decided that might keep our gang entertained on a rainy afternoon. While Todd was getting his camping things ready, I ran errands with the kids and stopped in at the craft store. They had so much fun just picking out what they wanted! I had already planned to get them these small, plaster, bobbleheads to paint so while they were busy picking out which ones they wanted, I scanned the perler bead section. We ended up with a couple of bobbleheads each and a kit of perler beeds with the ocean animals.

To say the crafts were a hit would be an understatement! I told them the crafts were for Saturday since I knew it would be raining all day long and we had plenty to do Friday night. They had me pulling those crafts out before I could even have a cup of coffee Saturday morning! They happily crafted the morning away :)


Megan's:

Nick's:


Then, it was time for painting.

I just realized that I didn't take any completed pictures of these cute bobbleheads! They really did a good job! I'll round them up today for a picture ;) They had so much fun! What else did we do?

Watched a movie and slept in the tent:

Spent some time reading (or napping, whatever):

We had so much fun! One thing I found out is that our kids love crafts ;) Brandon made one of the perler bead crafts on Sunday when he got home! And they've all made several in the two weeks since then. I'm thinking it might be time to up our creative time a bit!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't those the best????
    I just stocked up myself, with a birthday tub for Greer and many small kits for each of the boys.

    It's sort of fun to have the LUXURY of crafting time now that school is out!
    I don't miss the crazy, hectic, get-it-all-done schedule AT ALL!!!

    Love the designs and what a wonderful way to spend some family time together!
    YOu go, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute photos. I was just at Michaels yesterday...it seems to be the summer for crafting. Love the tent in the living room idea and I think I saw a peek of your red kitchen...you need to blog that new paint color.

    ReplyDelete