Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Lazy Afternoon

Yesterday, we got together with my cousin and went to my uncle's house for a swim! The weather was perfect for the water in my uncle's pool....it's not heated ;) The kids had a ball! We got there shortly before my cousin and her kids and had the pool to ourselves for a bit. When I say ourselves I mean our kids because I'm not usually in the water. Cold water and I don't mix ;) Plus I wanted some time to visit with my aunt, uncle,  mom and cousin!


Megan loved this inner tube! That is until it nearly drowned her! She got in the water to try her new floaties while no one was looking. All of a sudden we heard screams. Megan was in the inner tube alone and had slid off enough that it was going over top of her pushing her under. It's so big that she can't keep herself hung over the edge of it. And apparently the stupid floaties didn't work. Kristen and I both ran up onto the deck and jumped in. Fully dressed. With cell phones in our pockets. Not that we cared. Getting to her was, of course, our only thought. Little stinker! Scared us silly! Anyway, she's fine. Maybe a bit more nervous about the water than she was before. Maybe we need to do the swimming lessons thing after all?

Before the drama:

I think she is in the inner tube in every picture I have! The other occupants came and went. She'd share it with anyone as long as she could be in too!

After the drama, no more inner tube. Just the safety of her sister's arms.

Other silliness:

Brandon has to climb this tree every single time we visit. Little monkey :)


This one cracks me up! Nicholas had those big goggles on the whole time!

All in all it was a great way to spend the afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. It was SOOOOO hot yesterday!!!
    What a great way to spend the day.
    Glad you guys had fun, and great pictues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to Greer, too! And she had a swim vest on--it doesn't matter though what they're wearing when those things go over them.

    Greer didn't scream so had I not been looking, I would never have know and there were three kids on the raft that went over her in the pool.

    It almost scared the baby right out of me!

    (And interestingly, my instincts pulled me in two directions as my first response was to attempt to jump into the pool immediately but the second that I felt that instinct, I felt another to pull back to protect my baby should I jump in and really hurt myself. Bad, bad situation that luckily ended okay for us all.)

    Glad you had fun though and happy to see that Megan is safe and sound!
    WHEW!

    ReplyDelete