Thursday, June 3, 2010

Turning Fear into Fun

Last night, we had tornado warnings...ugh. I hate storms and it seems as though I've passed that on to a few of our kids. The second the sirens go off we head to the basement turning on the radio for updates. Thankfully, the worst part didn't last long, but we came back upstairs to find a nasty thunderstorm. At that point, I knew it would be a rough night around here. Some of us don't sleep well when the wind is blowing and the thunder and lightning being crazy, so we made the best of it:

Sleep over night! (Excuse the poor quality photo. I'm still learning my new camera ...might help if I read the instructions ;) ) They had a ball and hardly noticed the noise going on outside ;)

Kristen was at school during all that. Thank God for texting as I was able to keep in touch with her and know she was safe :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to make the best of it, I am sure the kids will remember you saving the day for years to come!

    ReplyDelete