Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Enjoying the Rest of Summer

We are starting school next week! We never have started before Labor Day so this is new for us. We started our summer a little early this year so really, I think we're ready ;)

But...

That doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had still!

Yesterday, we went to my aunt and uncle's to swim! It was really good to see them too :) My mom and Aunt Willa stopped over to visit as well, so it was a little party!

First we (they) swam. My uncle's pool isn't heated and it's in the shade, so this mama wasn't hopping in! ;) They're having a big tree removed today that shades the pool most of the day so hopefully it'll be a bit warmer!

Then we (they) climbed:
That flash of orange way up high is Brandon! And he was on his way down!
Megan wanted so badly to be in on the climbing :)

Then we picked berries! Yum! My uncle always has some yummy fruit for us to pick!
My uncle can't resist giving out samples :) And our kids can't resist eating them!
It was a great afternoon! We stayed way longer than I had planned which means I didn't get ANYTHING done around this house yesterday! But it was so worth it :)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by! It's CRAZY!!!
    Good luck with school...we tried to start this week but didn't get very far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see summer is going so good!! I do not want it to end, yet I miss the schedule...crazy right?? Summer is schedule free and crazy over here!

    ReplyDelete