Thursday, June 16, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

I finally got around to doing it.....I planned a surprise party!! Actually, I didn't plan much. I had been thinking about how twenty is a pretty big birthday and how I would like to make a big deal about it for Kristen but we have so much going on in June that I couldn't really wrap my mind around it. Until a few days before her birthday when I roped Jon and Kristen's best friend, Betsy, into helping me plan a surprise! Being last minute, some of her friends and also some of our family, were busy (my cousin's daughter graduated high school this year and had planned her graduation party on the same day) BUT it was still fun! Kristen was absolutely thrilled and even said to me, "This was the best birthday ever!!"

Some pics from our evening:
 I captured the "surprise!" !

Kristen and Betsy were telling a story, talking at the same time, finishing each other's sentences....signs of a wonderful friendship :)
 Cracking me up....
 A few of our partiers:
 Lemon cake....of course ;)

 Kristen and Meemaw Diana:
 And again with Betsy:
 And Jon:

 I hardly saw these two the whole night. When they finally landed in the living room to briefly play, I snapped this:
And a few more partiers:
It was very much a fun night and one none of us will forget! Happy Birthday to our twenty year old!!!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT FUN! And great idea, Mama! It looks like Kristen so enjoyed her surprise and you snapped some wonderful memories for her!

    ReplyDelete