Saturday, June 11, 2011

Twenty

My water broke in the evening of the 10th. I labored all night with little progress so they gave me Pitosin. She was born at 11:08, 8 pounds, 15 ounces and 21" long. I had never been so happy to meet anyone in my life! She made me a mom.

Kristen turns twenty today. Twenty. I can't believe it's been that long! So much has happened in that time but still it doesn't feel like it's been twenty years.

I'm so proud of who she is: loving, smart, funny, happy, hard-working, caring, sometimes sassy ;) She is a godly young woman. She's the best big sister ever. She is, and always has been, a joy.

There is a song that will always remind me of her. I sang it to her all the time dancing around in the kitchen, trying to get her to fall asleep at night, settling her down in the car. It was "Her Song". Here is my favorite version:
Enjoy!

Yesterday, Kristen said goodbye to her teenage years. Todd took us all to California Pizza to celebrate (did you know they have a gluten-free menu and yummy GF pizzas??). Kristen, you are so very loved. I hope you enjoy every minute of your birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment