Saturday, September 17, 2011

Apples Anyone?

Yesterday afternoon, I treated the kids to some apple picking! We almost didn't go because of this little cold snap we're having but they wanted to so bad I couldn't say no. Not to mention the sound of having some very fresh, very locally grown, very yummy Jonathan apples sounded really good....good enough to brave the cold ;) No wonder they wanted to go! We love our apples!

 YUM!

They couldn't wait to get started!
Nick kept saying things like, "Look at all the apples!" and "I've hit the mother-load!" . He was cracking me up!

 Doesn't he look like he's contemplating eating that one?

 And this is why we go during the week:
 There were other people here and there but NO CROWDS! I'm all about sharing but I really like it when we aren't elbow to elbow with everyone else trying to get our apples ;)
We had a great time! And, of course, we had to have a treat after all that work so I made a gluten-free apple crisp for dessert :) No wonder they really wanted some apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment