Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Picking the Pears

I realized, when I was posting our apple picking pictures a couple of days ago, that I had forgotten to post our pear picking pics! Where did we pick pears? My mom's backyard! My mom called one afternoon and said her pears were starting to get ready and asked if we'd like to come over a pick some. Um, yes please! We all love fruit around here and picking our own for free is a very nice treat :)

Kristen had some errands to run but she was already there when we got there. The ripest pears were up high (naturally) so Mom brought out her ladder.
 Cute pear picker!
 Nicholas wasn't too sure about this...
 but he gave it a try anyway.
 Brandon too.
 Then he ran off to check out the garden ;)
  Megan climbed up there too :)
Kristen is so busy these days that when she's able to join us, it's a sister love-fest!
It was a nice day to be out and so much fun picking (and eating!) some yummy pears :) It reminded me of a favorite book for fall: Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears.  We love all the Mr. Putter and Tabby books but that one is great for fall. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment