Friday, September 16, 2011

On Being Joyful

When I named our family blog "Our Joyful Life" I wasn't thinking of the kind of joy that means "happy" I was thinking of the deep joy that comes from knowing Jesus. The joy that we have no matter what.

But earlier this week, I was reminded of the other joy. The one that means "happy".

I was at Megan's soccer practice. She was practicing with her team, I was sitting on the sidelines half watching half reading a book when it was time to run laps. Now let me just say here that there are only two girls on Megan's team. Originally there were three but one broke her arm so she's out for the season. The other girl missed last weeks game (along with most of the team, to the point where we had to "borrow" players from the other team or cancel the game entirely. I don't even want to go into my total frustration with Megan's soccer experience this year.) but she also missed practice this week which means Megan was the only girl there.

As I watched her do her laps, she started weaving in and out like Dory....
Just like Dory, she started out with purpose then forgot what she was doing and was just....joyful. I couldn't stop watching her. So joyful! It didn't mater to her that she was last (by far at this point!), she just enjoyed the moment.

I didn't snap any pictures, although I had my camera. I didn't want to miss a second so I just watched :)

But....I had been meaning to post these anyway, what better time??

And a couple I took on picture night:

She reminds me that although my joy is in the Lord, there is also joy in everyday moments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment