Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trunk or Treat!

This afternoon, we participated in our first-ever Trunk-or-Treat! I'm not sure what kept us away last year. Before that, we went to a different church and they didn't have a Trunk-or-Treat so we just hadn't ever gotten around to one.

But we did tonight! And we loved it! Because we had signed up last minute (always...ugh) we didn't really have a plan as to how to decorate our trunk so I hopped on Pinterest (!) and looked up a few simple ideas. All I had to do after that was give Todd a brief description of one I thought we be fun and he took it from there!
 A spooky spider web! Our Mad Scientist was caught in the web so he did what any Mad Scientist would do...pass out candy!!
 I took this one just as it started getting a bit busy:
 Todd took Megan around while I stayed with Brandon. Nicholas took off to do his own Trunk-or-Treating ;)
 It stayed like this behind our van for the better part of an hour:
 Nick had a turn behind the web after he made the candy rounds and then ate enough of it to kill something ;)
 I also snapped a few of my favorite trunks:
 Pac Man! Love it!
A cute ice fishing pond. The kids got a home-made fishing pole and cast it over then a treat miraculously appeared on the other end ;) Fun!

It was chilly outside this evening but we had so much fun! We'll definitely be repeating this next year. And I already have a pins on Pinterest for fresh ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment