Monday, June 8, 2009

Guess What's Growing in our Grill??

Our gas grill is broken. Todd has been tinkering with it off and on for a while so yesterday he opened it up and guess what's in there??

A nest of baby birds!!! We watched while the mom and dad birds drug all sorts of stuff into the grill through the back this spring so we knew there was a nest, it had just slipped our minds. They are getting big though! As soon as Todd opened the grill this guy flew right out! Todd scooped it up, careful not to touch it, and put him back in the nest.

Anyone recognize those signs??

3 comments:

  1. That is so neat! Amazing what we find right under our noses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! I do! I recognize those signs! :)

    There are baby birds everywhere, aren't there? Those I despise them, I wish the bees were as plentiful! I've heard the some of the apple crops aren't looking so good for spring--not enough pollinators! Booo....

    But yea for wee little birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Laura! How adorable! And yes, I have hung those signs many times!

    ReplyDelete