Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Really Good Day

Yesterday was my garage sale and it went...good. I didn't make a fortune or anything, most stuff was marked really cheap (some given away), but considering the fact that I was going to give it all away anyway, I'm pleased with my reward. What's left will be donated or given to friends. AND we will be constantly donating until we can walk through this house and not feel...annoyed.

After the garage sale fun we decided to have an extended family night, starting in the afternoon! It has been hard lately for all six of us to find time together. Kristen works often on Friday nights and she also spends some time at her dad's so that doesn't leave alot of options. We weren't planning on seeing her at all yesterday; she was scheduled to work all day then go to her dad's last night, but they called in the morning and said they didn't need her! My garage sale was scheduled to close at two so that left a few hours for some potential family fun until she went to her dad's. We decided on a late lunch at CiCi's pizza and a movie! WooHoo!

I looked the movie up on the website and it started at four, but when we got there I was informed that was the one that was open caption; the regular movie was at four forty-five. We had time! What to do?? Barnes and Noble of course! What a treat! That place is like the candy store to me! Todd told them they could all choose one thing...oh they were so very excited! I, of course, chose four...hey I worked all morning for that! Ignore the fact that I had four boxes of books in my garage sale ;) Megan and Nicky chose stuffed animals. Nick has this thing for Curious George and Megan, well I've never seen anyone want as many stuffed animals as she does! And to her credit, she plays with all of them I kid you not! Brandon chose the latest Percy Jackson book as we were number 180 something at the library last time I checked and Kristen chose The Time Thief, a book in a series she's reading too. What fun! Then off to the movie!

We saw Night at the Museum 2. We loved the first one so we figured it would be a good choice and it was! In my opinion, it wasn't as good as the first, most aren't, but it was still a good, funny, family movie.

After the movie, we had even more fun plans for our kiddies! We parted with Kristen in the parking lot, took the rest home and had a cookout and a little "campout" in the living room! They were thrilled! My mom had bought them a tent already for such an occasion (thanks Mom!) so up it went! They filled it with blankets, pillows, and of course stuffed animals :) That tent is huge! At bedtime, we popped in a movie for them to watch while they drifted off to sleep. Maybe we shouldn't have let them chose an action movie ;) They were up so late! At 10:45 I finally cleared out some of Megan's toys (she decided to have a tea party in there for her stuffed animals) and made her lay down! She and Nick were asleep within minutes after that, but I managed to get a quick picture of them first:
They were up bight and early this morning at 6:30! I sense an early bedtime tonight ;)

3 comments:

  1. Laura, that sounds like such fun! We're scheduled for an adults only date tonight but a family date sounds great--VERY SOON!

    You're the second person who said that about the movie! I still want to check out "Earth" and "Up" plus the IMAX Egypt one at COSI.

    So many lovely options!

    And the tent idea is great--I might steal that cuz I know my critters would looooove it! (Rhyse esp!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! And a great way to celebrate the garage sale. The kids looked happy and sleepy, glad you all had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It WAS fun! You guys have fun tonight! I want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete