Sunday, July 19, 2009

Camping

We had a wonderful trip! We left later Friday than we'd originally intended because of the storms going through, but the trip went smoothly. Here are some pictures of our first night there:
Megan and her Tigresses. She is all about cats right now!

One of the things Todd reminded me to add to our list was the roasting sticks, but I told him they were already in the camper...I was wrong. So we had to find some sticks and carve them up ;)


See the boat on my van there in the background? I pulled that! It was kinda scary on the way down but on the return trip I was like an old pro ;)
Let me just say this family puts away the food! I spent a good deal of time Friday cutting up fresh fruits and veggies for the trip so we didn't eat too horribly and not very much made it back home! That's my Pampered Chef veggie tray on the table (yes there are hotdogs too! shhh). I've been keeping it stocked this summer for lunches and it's been a life-saver! I just pull it out at lunch and the kids fill their plates while I make the rest of lunch (usually sandwiches).

End of the day:It was definitely colder than I had planned for so I didn't pack very warm pj's but the kids stayed pretty cozy thanks to blankets and our wonderful space heater! I don't know why the weather has to turn cold every time I plan a camping trip....

4 comments:

  1. What fun! We love sitting around the campfire, and ya gotta have some dogs when you camp!! That is when hotdogs are at their finest! We buy the Hebrew National brand, you can find them anywhere. They are kosher so you get all meat, no funny stuff! They are yummy! Try them sometime!

    Love the idea of keeping a veggie/fruit tray in the fridge ready to go, I am gonna steal that idea!

    Those youngens look so comfy all snuggled up, glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I thought I'd see this blog filled with photos of rain, rain and more rain with soggy, wet children running around in the mud! So happy to see smiling faces and snuggled babies and husbands whittling sticks that were supposed to be packed :) Glad you all had a wonderful time and are back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luara,it looks like you guys had a wonderful time and great job pulling that boat. I don't know if I would have been that brave! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We DID have a good time! :) With the recent computer troubles I've had I'm ready to get out of town again ;)

    Carla, I will most definitely buy kosher next time! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete