Thursday, July 16, 2009

One of My Favorite Things

At our church on Wednesday night we all split up into our different groups. Brandon and Nicholas go to RA's and Megan goes to Mission Friends; they are both groups learning about evangelism so the kids will know how to talk to others about God. Hopefully, in their lives they will all have lots of opportunities to witness to others about Jesus and the saving grace of God.

Kristen goes to Youth group which is where I go as well. Yeah, I'm a little old ;) I just help out there :) I love watching these young people getting into some really deep conversations about their faith and the Bible.

After all our lessons are over, a group of families stay to fellowship and allow their kids some time together. I love this! I get to hang out and talk to other moms while the kids run around and play! When co-op is in session, we have to scurry home in order to wake up early on Thursday. I bark orders continuously in order to keep them moving to their beds...I hate that. I start when we pull into our development telling them where to put their shoes and to get pj's on immediately, reminding Brandon to have his backpack ready, and as we enter the house they hear the same instructions until they are all in their beds ready to be tucked in. It's exhausting, but if I want them to be rested somewhat for a busy Thursday, it's what I have to do.

But...

When co-op ends in April, and if the weather's nice, I indulge them every Wednesday with their play time :) We are often the last ones to leave. Bedtime is out the window! I snapped these pictures last night after some of the kids had already left. They play "Ghost in the Graveyard", "Sharks and Minnows" or just run around! They all absolutely love it! It is definitely one of my favorite things about summer :)

1 comment: