Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Slightly Traumatized

A little advise to all my friends, family, and anyone else who might visit this blog....back up everything that is on your computer that you hold dear. Even if it isn't dear to you, but took time and effort, back it up.

Monday morning I was on the computer and the whole thing just froze up. I restarted it only to find it would come all the way on. Todd came home at lunch to take a look at it and sure enough there was no hard drive showing on my computer. He removed it and took it to the computer place to verify and yes, it was gone.

I was stunned.

I lost co-op email lists, all saved emails, Kristen's high school transcript, and many pictures. Of course, this had to happen the SAME DAY that I was to send out the fall schedule for co-op. I managed to get it all out today to as many people as I could find (I had some addresses written down).

Todd bought me a new computer yesterday and spent a good deal of time setting it all up and downloading stuff for me, but it isn't working out. It's nice and all but today he bought a new hard drive for my old computer so he can get that one working for me. Hopefully tomorrow before he goes in to work :)

Needless to say, I have been completely unmotivated to get any thing else done around here. The wind has left my sails too many times lately and now I'm just tired and...heartbroken. The rain and cold is really not helping here ;)

I'll recover, of course, a little wiser for my lessons this week.

I still have pictures on my camera to blog...art camp last week, swimming, and camping, but I'm going to wait until Todd gets my (old) computer up and running :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh no. I feel for you, I really do. Just losing that one post from the other day about drove me crazy, I was so...upset at the time wasted. I can't imagine losing EVERYTHING!

    I hope you get it all sorted out soon! And somehow, you STILL managed to get that list out! You're fab, girl! ;)

    Hang in there...maybe the sun will shine tomorrow and husband's will work techy miracles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, I am SO sorry! I know that really just sucks, not much better of word can describe it!! It was a good reminder that we need to back ours up too. Try and think of one positive thing, your blog has some of those lost pictures on it! Thank God you started that! Keep your head up, you work so hard and I know that sun will be out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW-you know you can go on your blog and save pictures onto your hard drive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys (gals? that just sounds weird)

    Carla, I was telling my mom the same thing...at least I still have my blog pictures! I also have a few saved on facebook. That makes it a little better. If I had lost ALL of my pictures I'm pretty sure I would be inconsolable (Kristen's senoir dance, graduation and graduation party were among them...completely irreplaceable).

    Angi, thanks for the encouragement! At this point, I do NOT see any sun outside, but I'm hoping it wakes up soon! Supposed to go swimming today!

    ReplyDelete