Friday, September 25, 2009

Being Grateful

I would love to have a neater home. I've been trying to be neater and more organized, but it isn't easy for me. I'm often pulled away from a task and forget to go back and finish. Some days just providing healthy meals and snacks seems to take up the whole day! Most days I run the dishwasher three times...three times! And I don't run it unless it's full!

Our house layout doesn't help. The entire main floor is completely open. One room open to the next all around. There's no separate room for school things. Or toys. There's a kitchen set in the family room and six ottomans stuffed with toys in the living room. Then there's the Lego boxes everywhere. It seems like the toys are never picked up all the way. We are trying to make the basement more organized so some of this can go down there, but I know there will still be toys on the main floor. We have kids!

As Kristen turned eighteen this year, graduated our homeschool, and started college, I've come to realize just how very short this Season-of-Mess is in my life. It may seem long when you're living it, but it really isn't. They grow up sooooo fast.

This blog post over at No Ordinary Moments says it all. Check it out! I think I'm going to have to read that book she's reading!

I'll continue on my path to be more organized and I hope to impart some good life skills to our kids along the way, but I'm going to make every attempt to not stress over it. Not let it steal my joy when we have days where we struggle with it. And I know that will be most days ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post Laura! I feel the same way and sometimes we just need to slow down and look at the big picture! This is something that I struggle with because I feel like I am always living in chaos and have SO much to do. But who really cares right! We are healthy and together and that is all that really matters! Hope you have a great, stress free, day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it sister! That is why I ONLY clean when people are coming over, not kidding you!

    ReplyDelete