Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You Knew This Post Was Coming

Kristen has her first day of college today!!! I cannot even tell you how excited I am for her or how proud I am of her! I'm happy that she has friends that attend the same college, but I also know she'll have no trouble making new friends and I'm confident that she'll be a light for Christ in all those friendships :)

So, yeah, she let me take her picture on her first day!

Little sister woke up just in time for a quick good-bye snuggle :)
I'm very much going to miss her today and look forward to hearing all about her first day tonight at dinner, but you know what? I'm not as heartbroken as I was last spring just thinking about this. We've really eased into this whole independence thing and I think we are both so much more comfortable with this new place in our lives than maybe we would have been otherwise. I don't adapt well to change so slower is better! It really does help that she'll still be living at home, and it's equally important that she wants to. She is very close to her family and I hope that we'll all be a source of support and encouragement for her :)

Kristen, have a great, first day!!! I love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, what an exciting day for you all!!!
    We can't wait to hear all about it, too!

    Good luck, Kristen!
    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you post how her day went! You are taking this so well!! Congrats Kristen!!!

    ReplyDelete