Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let the Chaos Begin!

We started school this week and it has been going very well! I'm actually not getting alot of complaints..... yet ;) Brandon has reached the...age? maturity? when he realizes that if he works hard in the morning (we are very much morning people here) he can be done or almost done by lunch and he is really loving that. And so am I! Nicholas' takes a little longer but he's hanging in there. Megan will be upping her amount of work at some point this year, but I'm not rushing ;)

Today we started co-op. It was not my original plan to start school and co-op in the same week but it just worked that way when we had to postpone our vacation. Let me tell you, it won't happen that way again ;) It's nice to have at least a week to get rolling before we start adding stuff! Anyway, it went very well. From a board member stand point, there were only a few things to tweak/watch; from a teacher stand point, my classes went much better than I was anticipating which was a great surprise; from a parent stand point, our kids loved all their classes!

Brandon is taking Chess Club, Latin, WWI, Art, and Around the World. Nicholas is taking Music, Seasons, Art, Around the World, and Gym (his gym teacher is his favorite teacher ;)). Megan is taking Montessori preschool, Preschool Play, and Gym. Her first two classes are longer than the boys so even though she has less classes she still goes a full day missing only an hour in the afternoon. She's pooped! I think I'll be talking her daddy into picking her up tonight at soccer practice and putting her to bed early ;)

I loved getting a chance to chat a little with all my mommy friends! I think I look forward to that part as much as the kids!

So here is their first day of co-op picture!
Yes Megan is crying. Why? Because I made her leave her beloved Bionicle at home. Yes she loves them too and even knows several of their names. In hindight, I should have let her bring it in the car, but I was afraid she would throw her fit in the parking lot at church so I decided to deal with it at home :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it went well too! And my guys had a great time...which always makes it a bonus :)

    It was so nice to see you again finally! But with all the blogging and comments and emails, I never really felt that out of touch :)

    Cute little crying Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should have taken a picture before we left! Good idea you had!!! How you remembered to do that AND bring a carload of stuff for co-op, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I can't take credit; it's an idea I stole from Angi :) It's also the ONLY picture I've taken since we've been back from the beach! We've been buried over here!

    Angi, I agree! With the blogging I get to "chat" with you guys often ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete