Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This Isn't Supposed to Happen on Vacation...

Our poor Meggie has come down with a fever. Sunday night Kristen brought her to us and said she had a tummy ache. One touch told me she also had a fever and "oh no not on vacation" started running through my head. She spent the night in our bed so she could be monitored more closely and yesterday, I took her to be seen by a doctor. Brandon has a mysterious rash of sorts on his face add that to another child with ill symptoms and my fear was chicken pox. While I'm not against my kids getting chicken pox, I really didn't want it to happen on vacation.

And it didn't. Brandon's rash is getting better. Probably just his eczema taking on a new form and Megan's fever is unrelated. Thank God! But she's still fevered and not feeling well at all. She's lethargic and has no appetite. So we've been spending alot of time inside letting her rest and now dosing her (which I HATE) in an attempt to bring her fever down and help her aches. She slept with me last night (Todd moved to the couch to give us more room), woke several times for water, kept her fever all night inspite of the dosing.

She felt slightly better this morning but it was short-lived. Hopefully, she will be rested tonight and feel up to dinner out and a little walk on the beach.

At least the time inside is letting us recover from our sunburns ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry! I will pray for a quick recovery for her! You know you can rotate Motrin and Tylenol every two hours if need be to help that fever? Get well soon Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip and our prayers :) I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura. I feel for you. This happened to Greer at Disney and it was just the WORST. I knew she wanted so badly to be out having fun and not feeling so nasty.

    Are things better today?

    We're thinking of you guys! Hoping you'll reply with better news!!

    GET WELL, MEGAN!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Laura, I am so sorry! It is terrible when they are sick but even more terrible when they are sick while on vacation!

    I hope Megan is feeling better soon and she can enjoy the rest of your time at the beach!

    We'll be thinking about you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little girl! Hope she was able to enjoy the end of the week. That is so not fun!

    ReplyDelete