Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stepping Out in the Winter

I'm not a winter person at all. I hate the cold, I hate wearing a coat (it makes me very claustrophobic), and I hate trying to find everyone's winter things and get out the door! That's the worst! I love summer when we can all just slide on our flip-flops and out we go! Now it takes FOREVER to get out the door right now! But, last Friday, in an effort to make good on the promise I made last month, I took the kids to the zoo! I had signed the boys up for a class and planned some one-on-one time with Megan.

We went early so the boys could see some of the zoo before their class. When we went to the zoo for the lights, it was completely packed. It was hard for them to see their favorite animals. You couldn't even get in the reptile building at all! Brandon was so disappointed. We did go to the tiger area but it was too crowded to spend much time there.

This time, though, it was EMPTY! We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves! So, I indulged them. We went where they wanted and spent as much time as they wanted. It was so fun to see the places they chose!

See how empty? It was great!
Of course, first up was the reptile building.

Brandon had a staring contest with a snake. ICK!
Nicholas was so fascinated with this little frog. I don't think I've ever seen a frog so long and skinny!
Then off to the tigers :)
I love this picture.

And this one.
Of course we had to visit the aquarium :)
We visited the North America section for the first time in a very long time. The kids were amazed at the size of the bears! We also couldn't believe how big a Bald Eagle's nest is! It was so fun to roam around reading the info on each animal and really taking our time.

My little prairie pups ;)
When we left, we were all cold and very tired...just the way a winter zoo trip should be :) We can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

  1. We so miss the Columbus Zoo - the Bismarck Zoo is probably not much bigger than Columbus Zoo's North America area and there aren't any fun exciting animals. We are so going to the zoo when we come to Ohio in April!!

    BTW . . . love the picture of Meagan and the tiger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so spoiled with such a fantastic zoo, aren't we? Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Megan with the tiger, and the last one of all three kids! What a way to enjoy winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 大家隨便說,說什麽都好,就是請不要惦惦 ....................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time. Can't wait to get my kids to the zoo - but I think we'll wait for it to warm up a bit..

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete