Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So Many Ideas, So Little Time...

With Megan, I'm doing a letter-of-the-week program. It's what my kindergarten curriculum is and I think it's a wonderfully gentle introduction to phonics. In addition, I've found so many ideas in blogland that I've tweaked it to suit what we feel like studying ;) For example, my curriculum covers the sun for the letter "s", but on Confessions of a Homeschooler (which I love!) she did "snowman" for "s" and has lots of books and different activities that you can print off for free! How fun! We still end up talking about other words that start with our letter so there's still lots we do with our curriculum, it's just been fun to switch it up a bit.

Another thing we're doing is using a lot of Jan Brett books. She's wonderful! She has a website that has activities for her books and for some holidays. So many cute ideas! I'm currently reserving Gingerbread Baby (as well as other gingerbread books) for our "g" unit. I was originally going to do "horse" for "h" but I've changed that to "heart" for Valentines Day so we can incorporate some cute Valentine crafts! :)

2 comments:

  1. What great swaps!
    I agree, there's SO much great stuff out there in Blogland that I wish I had more time to do more with Greer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas! I always love new links to look at! Sounds like your keeping busy with your adorable little preschooler!

    ReplyDelete