Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Last Friday, we had a great time on a very interesting, historic field trip (which I have yet to blog) and on the way home I asked the kids if they wanted to visit a pumpkin patch so we could do some carving that afternoon. We STILL hadn't gotten pumpkins! It was cold and cloudy so I told them we could also go to WalMart and just pick some there, it was up to them. They picked the patch hands-down ;)

There's something very fall-like about visiting a pumpkin patch. I wish we had been able to make it on one of the sunny days, but I had spent those doing yard work in preparation for winter (I'm really so glad I did! I hate mowing and whatever in the cold!) so we had to take what we got.

Nick picked his right off the bat.
 Megan did too! We're on a roll!
 Little pumpkin-picking cutie :)
 Brandon, however, searched the area for just the right one...
 and searched...
 By the time he found one, my hands were frozen and in my pockets, so no pictures of that! As soon as we got home, we started carving:



 Megan drawing her design for me to copy onto her pumpkin.
 She did some of it herself but a six year old wielding knives isn't my idea of a good time so I intervened as much as she would let me ;) However, Nick and Brandon both did their own.

 Completed pumpkins!



It was a very nice activity for family night. Afterward we watched Spooky Buddies for a little Halloween treat. It was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment