Monday, November 21, 2011

Showcase: Nicholas

Nicholas surprised me this year. Our little guy, who says he doesn't like music and he doesn't like to be on stage, chose to take the recorder. He really liked it too! There was no grumbling about going to class even after the newness wore off. And he practiced at home! I was stunned!

Mrs. Fisher chose "Have Yourself a Merry, Little Christmas" for this class to perform and it was so good!

Getting ready:
 They ahd to wait for one of the girls in the Addy play to change out of her costume so I took advantage of the moment for a nice group shot:
 There were a couple of flutists on the right side helping out. Can I just say again how grateful I am to have such a wonderful co-op? I love that the big kids show the younger ones such love and are such good role models. I see it all the time and it truly blesses me.

Playing his piece:
 Watching those flutists playing their part:
Finishing up:
He was nervous but he had fun! I'm so proud of him for getting up there and for all his hard work learning to read music and play this instrument. Good job, Nicholas!

No comments:

Post a Comment