Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another "First"

This weekend has been a little different around here.

Kristen was at an Acteens (our churches all-girl group) retreat. Although she has gone on a FEW overnight trips without parents, it isn't a common occurrence. She prefers to spend the night in a familiar bed for the most part, with the occasional sleepover with her best friend. Don't get me wrong, she had a good time, but she's glad to be home! And I'M glad she's home :)

But...

Brandon is on his way to a boyscout camping and canoeing overnight trip. This is a first for him! Todd is going with him, of course. Otherwise the answer would be NO WAY! While I'm excited about his participation in boyscouts, I'm just not that brave. Where Brandon is concerned, I tend to be more cautious about these sorts of things (if that's possible!) because he is allergic to peanuts. Too much can happen. The risk is too great. So, you see, he can only go if Todd goes! I felt sick watching them leave as it was.

I know Todd will take good care of our boy, and I know they will have a great time (although Todd's not too keen on the sleeping on the floor part ;)) but I miss them! And I'm not the only one. Nicholas said he wanted to sleep on the floor in his sleeping bag tonight so he can sleep like Brandon. So sweet!

Tomorrow, everyone will be home together and I will be able to breathe right again :)

2 comments:

  1. Brandon is going to have SO much fun at camp! I can't wait to get Colin involved in Boy Scouts! How fun! Hope you have a great Sunday with your WHOLE family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "breath right" comment, oh I SO know that feeling! It is so hard to let them go. I just feel so much better when everyone is home all tucked in their own beds! I know they need their space, but it is so hard for me too!

    ReplyDelete