Friday, August 7, 2009

A Beautiful Day for the Park

We headed to a park yesterday with some co-op friends. We almost didn't go because it's on the other side of town and I still have so much stuff to get done around here, but I remembered from last year how much fun my kiddos had so I packed us a lunch and we headed on over. I'm so glad we did! There's a "wet" area with water hoses were kids can hose each other down so, of course, that's were we headed first ;)

There's a fort-like structure to run around in trying to dodge the water:

You can bring your own water guns.

Nicholas experimenting with the hose:
Taking aim. At who you ask?
His sweet, little sister of course!
Big brother to the rescue! They played and played! When the bus with all the daycare kids showed up, I called them in for a quick lunch then off to explore the rest of the park ;) This mama doesn't really do crowds :)
After lunch, we headed to the van to put our things away and guess who we ran into?? Angi's gang! They had been to the ponds while we were getting wet so we didn't see much of them this trip, but we got to see their great finds! These are for you, Angi!
Look at those smiles! I think they had some fun :)
You can't really tell by this picture, but there were like 20 or 25 (?) tadpoles in this bucket (only 2 visible). I can't remember how many Chas told me. They all had legs too! Mid-metamorphosis! My boys were giddy seeing that!
We headed over to the beautiful ponds after that! We didn't have any fishing gear or buckets with us but we really wanted to check it out and it was worth it! Gorgeous!

Then it was off to the "dry" playground.
This park had trees and shrubbery everywhere! It was really beautiful.
This is how we all felt when we got home :) Then we had soccer practice and picture day! It made for a longish day but it was alot of fun!

Jenny, thank you for setting up these park days for the co-op families! We have really enjoyed them!

6 comments:

  1. Laura, it looks like you guys really explored that place! Last year, we only stuck to that water play area but it seems that there's just OODLES to do there!!

    And thank you so very very much for those pics of my boys!! I know they had a wonderful time and it's made my day to see them smiling yet again!!

    I tell ya when you and Todd and Carla and Tony manage to sneak away alone some day, I'm going to have a very busy camera!!! :)

    Thanks for those and for all the lovely blog comments. It's been fun to share my vacay with you!! :)

    (And I'm hoping you're blogging on-location soon, yes?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    Looks like you guys had a blast! I was so bummed when Bailey started throwing up that morning. We were all looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the park! We may need to take our own field trip before the end of summer :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really IS so much to do there! It's wonderful!

    Angi, your boys were so sweet to oblige my request to show my boys all their critters :) And I've really enjoyed your beach pics! Those palm trees have me longing to see them for myself!

    Shelly, I hate that you guys missed the park and I hope Bailey is feeling better :) We are so up for another park day whenever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had so much fun but I wish I could've talked with you more! My little William keeps me from catching up with everyone. Maybe next time???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I want to raincheck too! I never got to chat with you either. I read your blogs and feel like we are getting to know eachother in the tech-y world, but real life is so much better!! Soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, Carla I know! I missed talking with you guys! Soon though :) We all need a do-over!

    ReplyDelete