Monday, August 3, 2009

A Great Field Trip!

Last Friday, we headed down to Kentucky to the Creation Museum. As you can tell by the name it is a museum that supports a literal six day, young-earth creation that is described in the Bible.

Several years ago, I struggled with this concept. Like others, I'd heard all the theories about how earth supposedly came to be and those theories were not what I read in my Bible. I'd come to the conclusion that maybe we'd never know...maybe it didn't matter.

Then I took the kids to hear Ken Ham speak at a church in Granville. He is the founder of an organization called Answers in Genesis. It made all the difference to me! For the first time, I heard the Biblical account of creation defended by science! It changed me. I feel truly blessed by the events of that day.

At the time I heard Ken Ham, the Creation Museum was still under construction. They were paying for it as they were able to raise the money so it was a long process. It was completed last year and I finally had an opportunity to go!

I've been using materials from Answers in Genesis for several years in our homeschool so we were familiar with some of the things they had but still we were amazed at all the wonderful information! We saw several shows including the planetarium, which was really wonderful. The Men in White show though may have been my favorite!

Of course I took some pictures to remember our day;)

Upon arrival:

The Noah's Ark displays were some of my favorites!
There was a wall that looked like what the construction may have looked like and it was huge! But it was only 1% of the size of the original ark. That thing was a monster!
This is just a picture of one of the restaurants. I loved the palm trees and lights!

Outside the museum were the Botanical Gardens. We had a picnic lunch there and explored for a while...gorgeous!


This rope suspension bridge was tons of fun:

I don't know what it is about dinosaurs that makes me take a bunch of pictures but...yeah...I always do!
The foundation of this organization is that we can't properly explain salvation, God's saving grace through Jesus, if we don't first tell folks why they need it to begin with! If we know that in the beginning man was perfect, created by God in His image, then rejected God's authority. It then tells of God's plan for redemption. Then, when you tell someone Christ died to cover their sin, it all makes sense. It's all in Genesis.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great place to visit. We've been wanting to go for several months, but schedules just haven't permitted. However, it looks like we'll be around a little longer, at least long enough, to hopefully take a trip to visit the museum.

    Thank you for sharing your insight and the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete