Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little Treat

Today, I went shopping for some school books...with just Kristen! I actually had the opportunity to look at books! I had books spread out all over the floor at Barnes and Noble trying to choose the right Language books. I'm changing some things this year (ugh) and that means lots of research.

Now for the point of this post! Barnes and Noble has a new teachers section! Holcombs, our local teacher supply store, is reportedly closing. Barnes and Noble has it covered! There were tons of hands-on teaching/learning things for young ones. And a whole bookshelf designated to homeschooling books! Even some homeschool curricula like First Language Lessons and The Story of the World. I was really impressed! And, if you don't already know, Barnes and Noble offers a 20% teachers discount to homeschoolers. Just take in your letter from the school district.

Also, they have a new section of eco-friendly art supplies! Some very nice, PVC-free regular and colored pencils and erasers...and they're cute! The water color pencils are most definitely on my list :)
Just thought I'd pass it along :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I may have to head there tonight! Did you go to the one in Pickerington?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good tip! Thanks so much! I will check out the one by our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've perused that eco-art stuff myself! I found a pencil cup for the boys made from recycled candy wrappers!!

    Thanks for the heads-up, I should pick through there and see what kind of unit study type things I can find!!

    ReplyDelete