Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our Place

We have a different place this year. Our family has grown and our needs have changed and so it was time for a bigger place!

The condo we used to stay in had one bedroom but there was a "bunk nook" tucked into the hall and the couch pulled out into a bed, so it still slept six. However, now that Megan is not sleeping in Mom and Dad's room anymore and she goes to bed too early to sleep in the sleeper sofa with Kristen, it was time for a two bedroom.

We love these condos and where they are located so I started there to see what they had that was a little bigger and guess what? They have two bedroom units! Very exciting! Here's a few pictures of our place this year:

Down the hall is the bunk nook, bathroom (yes just one!) and the master bedroom which has a jacuzzi tub that the kids LOVE to play in! The stairs on the left lead up to the second bedroom which is a cute loft. And let me tell you, Kristen is ecstatic to have a bedroom!

The view from our front door:
And this is why we chose a condo instead of a house:
As seen from our deck!

And here's the deck which is private:
I'm usually the first one up at home and on vacation. I've always loved getting up, getting my coffee and sitting down with a good book or the computer then quietly greeting each of my children as they sleepily climb out of bed one at a time. Megan is almost always up shortly after me, Nicholas right after her, then Brandon and Kristen. Its a wonderfully relaxing way to start our mornings and it is even better here :)

How my morning started:

I missed the coffee in that picture but it was on a small table right beside me!

Megan's hair is so incredibly curly here I wanted to share with you :)
Here's my little curly-headed morning buddy :)

We're missing our old condo just a bit just because it was decorated much nicer (not tacky!) and a bit better maintained (and it actually had a dresser in the master bedroom! ugh!) but we definitely need the second bedroom so I may do a bit more searching before our next trip here. There are others in this complex to consider.

Off to enjoy the beautiful sunshine!

3 comments:

  1. OOoooo, ok, now I'M the jealous one!!!! :) I hope you're out enjoying the sun and surf right now, as I prepare to go to COSTCO! Haha!

    And you'll have to let me know what you think of that book!

    Enjoy the day, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all caught up now! WOW! Condo looks beautiful, what a view!!! Have fun, relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angi and Carla :) We're having such a good time I think I wanna live here ;)

    ReplyDelete