Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Birthday Weekend

Today was Brandon's birthday! Our oldest boy is now eleven! That really is just amazing to me. It seems impossible that he's that big. He's almost as tall as I am!

We had planned a little party Friday evening with just a few friends, but Todd came down with a horrible cold so we decided to postpone. I decided that instead, I would just make the day as special as possible! It started with NO SCHOOL! That got him smiling :) Then he got to pick the place for lunch out. He chose California Pizza. And I know why ;) It's right across from the Lego store! So, of course, we stopped in for a little browsing after lunch. And, of course, we came home with a few things ;)

Nicholas and Megan had already told me what they wanted to get Brandon for his birthday. Since they wanted to get him the same thing and the item was a little pricey, I suggested that they could go together to get it. We made Brandon wait right outside the doors while we made out purchase. Then I made them all wait outside while I bought "goody bag" gifts for his guests (Megan and Nicholas!). Once we got home, I quickly wrapped them and allowed them a small gift exchange.

Here's their little gift exchange:
Of course it was a Bionicle :)

The goody bag gifts for Megan and Nicholas were Bionicles too ;)
I had to help Megan build hers but she loves it. Yes, even Megan. I feel like the whole house has been taken over...
For supper, we had hamburgers and veggies also a request from the birthday boy. Then they all watched a movie...in the tent! Yep, I put the tent up for them in the family room so they could have a little movie night sleep over :) We watch the new Bionicle movie! (bet you didn't see that coming ;)) I had Megan lay down and go to sleep after that. She's been coughing a bit and I didn't want her to be up late. The boys were allowed to pick another movie so they picked "National Treasure 2". Nick was asleep soon after it started, but the Brandon stayed up until the end. He's such a night owl!

All in all, I think for a botched birthday party day, he had a very good day...and it wasn't even his birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Brandon!
    What a fun day and my goodness, you guys are a Bionicle lovin' family, aren't ya???

    Amazingly, I don't think we even have any of those! How is that possible???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angi, you have no idea...

    How did you escaped the Bionicle mess?!?

    ReplyDelete