Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A COSI Adventure

Today was our much anticipated COSI field trip! Each of the boys had workshops for a short time in the morning, so we planned to have lunch there and spend the rest of the afternoon wandering around indulging ourselves in the World of Science. And that's what we did :)

I apologize to all of you who are not grandparents to my children :) There are alot of pictures here! I really couldn't help myself. We love COSI!

I remember this pendulum in the atrium of the old COSI building from when I was in gradeschool. Yep, it's been around awhile :) Do you see what my angel is doing?? UGH!
First up were the workshops. Brandon's was called Pumpkin Science. There was alot of things exploding from chemical reactions so he loved it! I'm raising a new generation of Mythbusters :)
Nicholas' was a study on magnets. He was so very excited when they brought out Legos with magnets on them :)
While we waited for our younger kids to start their workshop, we played! We spent a good deal of time in Gadgets. It's very hands-on and the kids love it!

Shelly and Carla entertaining some Little Builders:
Nicholas loves this...gadget ;) You throw a ball in the funnel then turn the wheel until the weight drops shooting the ball up into the air and over to another then down the wall in a series of trays and tunnels that you can desgn yourself.
Here's what the other side looks like:
He even helped his baby sister :)
My boys seriously love science. You can see their minds working; absorbing and sorting all these experiences. I love that!
Nicholas and friends working the pulleys. That's Kyle, Colin, and Rhyse has a hold of the rope pulling Nicholas up.
Brandon pulled himself up. Those pulleys are tough!
This is the pulley outside. I didn't get the other side of it but they are pulling up a car!
Progress is one of my favorites. It's really neat to see how far we've come.

Brandon, Nicholas, and Eli at the horse and buggy station:
We had just left Oceans and my crew played like crazy people in the water! Check out how soaked they are!

Megan for Mayor!



This show is really fun. That guy is using liquid nitrogen which is so cold it instantly turns to vapor (it boils at around -320 degrees or something crazy like that):
Taking off into outer space:
We had a great day! Thank you, Angi, for planning such great outings for our group!

1 comment:

  1. Such great pixs!!
    I honestly can't believe how much I've missed on your blog! I kept checking my other page and noticed that you hadn't updated in over two weeks but then Jenny mentioned you had and WOW!!! Such wonderful things you all have been up to!

    ReplyDelete