Monday, October 5, 2009

What We Did Today...

Lots of yard work, that's what! The yard had gotten a little out of control lately with the nasty weather not cooperating so I took full advantage of the sunny afternoon to get the grass mowed and some shrubs trimmed :)

Then I saw this...

Yes, that is a snake in my shrubs! He's very lucky he was silently warming himself and not slithering through my grass when I was mowing. Or maybe Todd is because I would never have mowed again ;) I'm very glad he wasn't in the shrubs I was trimming either. Oh, they would've heard me screaming in the next county :)

He was scary enough holding still!

And while I was working hard cleaning up our yard, my little ballerina was bug-finding:

Sorry about the fuzzy picture, Brandon snapped that while I was mowing :)

That's my pink-loving girly-girl walking around with a bug on her finger. She called it "Baby". (notice the pink nails even?) I think maybe we need a pet ;)

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't yard work suck this time of the year. I love it in the spring because I know summer is coming soon and we can actually enjoy being outside. (Not looking forward to winter, can you tell??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on that! Too cold and gloomy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!
    FIrst of all, kudos to YOU for mowing.
    I don't even know how to start mine :)

    And kudos to you for having the courage to PHOTOGRAPH THAT SNAKE!

    YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete