Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Day My Heart Stood Still

Ever wonder what your car would look like if a deer ran into it? Well here ya go:
Do you need a different angle?
Yes, that's my eighteen year old daughter's car where a deer decided to run right into the side of it...while she was driving. It happened on the night of our co-op showcase. She couldn't come because she had to work and after work she was heading to her dad's house for the night. On her way home, she saw a deer standing by the side of the road so she slowed down. It's fuzzy what happened after that. Basically, he ran right into the side of her car. If he hadn't slipped on the pavement, his huge antlers would have gone right through her driver's side window. Do you see the duct tape around her mirror? That's how close he came to smashing right through her window.

I never wanted to "let" her drive again. Not kidding. However, that is not very practical, nor would she just sit back while I revoke this privilege. There would have been an enormous battle ;)

Sometimes, trusting in the Lord is harder than at other times :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so glad she wasn't hurt!!! That is so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness everything turned out alright! (Though I hear there is some upcoming revenge to be had in the form of deer hunting ;))

    We just adore Kristen to pieces and are so thankful that she's just...perfect! Not a scratch on her! (I confirmed this last night as she came to my rescue. Thanks again for hooking me up!!)

    ReplyDelete