Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Little Gift from Little Hands

Now that Christmas is over, I want to share a really cute homemade gift! Sorry I couldn't do it in time for Christmas, but the recipients of these read my blog ;)

Start with a plain votive. The site I found recommends blue but I couldn't find blue so I used regular clear ones. I think any color would look good too. Press your child's finger into white paint and press it on the votive in three places. After it dries, add eyes, mouth and anything else you want to make a snowman!

I then printed off a little verse to put inside:

Little snowmen 1,2,3
Made with my fingers for you from me.
The candle inside will burn so bright
To remind you that I LOVE YOU
Day and night.

(Leave room at the bottom for them to sign)

On the back we put Matthew 5:16:

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
Such a sweet little reminder from a sweet, little girl :)

Here's the link to the site I used. It's really a great site for the preschool-kindergarten ages. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment