Thursday, December 10, 2009

"O Christmas Tree..." part 2

Our main Christmas tree is, well, a beast ;) Every year, I lament to Todd about how much I hate that tree. It's a pain to get out of the crawl space, it's a pain to get all the branches fluffed, it's a pain to get all the lights on. And we need a ladder to decorate it. Last year the box that held it finally fell apart (after years of the kids playing in it!) so when we took it down, I told Todd to drag it down to the curb...I was done with it.

I'm glad he didn't listen too me ;) He just put it up on a high, and very sturdy, shelf in the garage.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, I got the ladder out and drug that tree down from it's shelf while Todd took Brandon to a Bengals game. I was not kind to the tree last year when I drug it out and threw it in the garage so it needed a little extra fluffing this year ;) For some reason, I didn't feel the same frustration this year. I didn't look at that tree and think about all the work; all I saw was a beautiful tree that we decorate every year as a family. There's alot of history and memories there with that tree.

We were decorating in the morning so Nicholas was still in his pj's. Hilarious! I don't know how he stands it. Our house isn't that warm!
I almost got everyone in this one. That's Brandon's hands on the far left ;)
Hanging his baby ornament:
This picture's for Judy :) It was not posed for either!
Getting ready to light the star:
Enjoying some hot chocolate after:
"The Beast" all decorated ;)
This is our ninth Christmas in this house and with that tree and I've decided (finally) to just enjoy it :)

3 comments:

  1. And you should enjoy it! It is beautiful!
    I love the picture of all four kids drinking hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Way to enjoy it! The tree looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is beautiful . . . and yes, enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete