Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Month of "Lasts"

Today is Kristen's last day of co-op and tonight is her last showcase...ever. It's so hard for me to believe we've been home schooling for 8 years! The time has really flown. No tears here...I'm saving that for her graduation ceremony ;)

In the beginning, I was very hands-on with her work. She was only in the fifth grade! That's the grade Brandon is in now! But through her high school years, I've slowly been giving her the reins in preparation for college. She actually just took them lol ;) This year, all I've done is pick her curriculum (with her input), and check in with her from time to time to make sure she's on track. She's all done with school after today except her Latin II which she'll finish up next week. I'm so proud of the way she's handled her time this year! She's very independent and hard working. I know she'll do well in college. Did I just say college? ugh

She has mixed feelings about today. She's so excited about the next phase of her life, but also sad to leave some of it behind. I get that. Completely. Ok there may be a few tears today...

2 comments:

  1. O.k. your going to make me cry! Congrats Kristen! Great Job working so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about what a wonderful, God loving, responsible daughter you will send out into the world. Looks like you have done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete